Fellow HEC-RAS users:
A new beta version of HEC-RAS (August 21, 2015 build-"Release Candidate 2") is now available to download and install. I have no new information about when the final release will be made available, but for now this new beta version has a lot of bugs fixed and many new features, including breaklines, Manning’s n value regions, and mapping of sloped water surfaces in RAS Mapper for 2D areas. Please follow the directions from HEC below for downloading and installing.
Enclosed is a link to a new HEC-RAS 5.0 version, Release Candidate 2, August 2015. We have fixed several Bugs since the Release Candidate 1 version. This version has all the features we have planned for the final release. We are in a No New Features mode, and performing the final testing and documentation updates.
Here is the link:
This self extracting exe should be run in a separate directory. Once it is run, there will be a new Setup package for the HEC-RAS 5.0 beta software; a new 2D User’s Manual in PDF format; and a new set of 2D example data sets in a zip file. You must have admin privileges to run and install the software using the setup package. Please Uninstall the previous HEC-RAS 5.0 beta first!!!!
Thank you for installing and testing this final Beta version of the software.
Some of the New Stuff:
1. Lateral Structures can now be Georeferenced. So it will be easier to lay them out, and get them connected to 1D river reaches and 2D Flow Areas.
2. HEC-RAS Mapper, now uses a TIN based sloping water surface technique to show spatial results inside of RAS Mapper. Previous versions, in 2D area the depth, velocity, etc.. was plotted as a single value for the entire cell, which produced some blocky looking plots in steep terrain.
3. More flexible internal hydraulic structures.
4. Improvements to the stability of connecting 1D reaches into and out of 2D flow areas.
5. Several New output capabilities in RAS Mapper – please see the 2D user’s manual.
6. Many Bug fixes, especially in RAS Mapper.